Thank you for contacting the Kentucky Association of Health Care Facilities (KAHCF) for information regarding long-term care and selecting a long-term care facility. This site includes information that we feel will help you in making this very important decision.
Although Kentucky has some of the best long-term care facilities in the country, choosing a long-term care facility for your loved one still requires extensive research. Some of the steps you should consider when making this decision include:
- Visit the facilities you are considering. Be sure to visit more than once and at different times.
- Look at each facility’s past state inspection reports, including any deficiencies that may have been cited during these inspections.
- Be sure to meet the staff that will be caring for your loved one. Look at the interaction between the staff and patients.
- Identify how the care will be paid for, and each facility’s payment policies.
- Once your loved one has been placed in a facility be sure to visit frequently. Get involved in his/her care planning, and talk to the facility staff regarding the care that is being provided.
Choosing a long-term care home is one of the most important decisions you will make. We encourage you to fully research your options and gather information from various sources when making this decision. In that way you can ensure that the facility you select will be a caring environment for your loved one.
If we can provide any additional assistance, please contact us at 502-425-5000, or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org